Monday, October 13, 2008

Changes....

Did I mention that my hubby has been working with some friends to start their own business?

Oh, that's right. I didn't. It was a secret. Very hush hush. You see, we live in a small town, and we didn't want the word getting out before we were ready. We didn't want his employer to be able to use it as a reason to let him go before we were ready, as they are "downsizing" more and more as the weeks go by.

Well, a mistake was made, and they found out, and they did indeed use it against him. They let him go without any kind of severance package. We knew that it was coming eventually (hence the starting-their-own-business), but we weren't prepared for this.

We love the little town we live in. We want our kids to grow up here. We are tired of moving every 2 or 3 years. We are going to make a go of it and try our hardest to stay here in this house that we love. Hopefully his new venture will take off out of the gate! But the next few months (at least) are going to be really tough around here. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. Any advice or positive thoughts you could send this way are very welcome. I'll keep you updated...



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Suzi Homemaker
Gabriella's quip du jour
Shut your mouth, Hollywood
Gabriella's quip du jour
The first day of school!
A memory?
Guardian Angels?
Carmi's Thematic Photographic - #12
Gabriella's quip du jour
Gabriella's quip du jour





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes